When you receive advice, pay attention to the questions being asked, not the answers given.
All advice is time-traveling self-talk.
Advice is what they wish they could've told themselves, when they were in a similar place.
The advice will be warped by their skills, their faults, their experiences.
Instead of taking their answer and running, investigate the area around what they've said."Do 20 squats every day."
- Can I do a squat?
- Am I physically fit?
- Why do squats help me? To gain strength? To gain mobility? To look better?
- What are my debts?
- Do I know where my money is going?
- How risk averse am I financially?
- Am I regularly exposed to new ideas?
- Do I do things that make me uncomfortable?
- Am I satisfied where I am?
Advice is a chance to investigate your beliefs. Don't waste it.